Monday, May 30, 2011

Burgers, bros, beers, baseball

Sheesh. Two weeks. Whoops. Well, here goes nothin'.

1) The Windy City (with plenty of its eponym)
Road trip!!! is happening. This one with the father, uncle, and grandfather. Drove to Chicago on Saturday for a Cubs game on Sunday. I was super stoked to be in a big city again (sorry, Omaha). It's awesome to see certain big city things are immutable from San Francisco to New York to Chicago. Like Asian ladies with rolling luggage running after the L. I really enjoyed the brief time I was in Chicago and I'm looking forward to heading back there tomorrow for the rest of the week. Among the highlights:
BIG and little's: super awesome burgers (with a fried egg on top) and truffle fries. Sweet potato fries. A bunch of seafood selections that I wish I could have sampled a lot of. Or perhaps I'll just have to go back.

Also among the highlights leads us to:
2) Wrigley Field
I am legitimately surprised this game happened. It was a pure deluge shortly before the game. We were under the overhang, safely dry, supposedly. Until it started blowing during the raining and I totally got soaked. And then the poncho kept my back wet until the 6th inning when it was actually warm enough again to take the poncho (aka my coat). Then it got really nice and the sun came out and the Cubs won and all the Cubs fan sing this song after they win and it was a little lame. All apologies to Cubs fans. But they should totally get a better song.

I love baseball and everything about it. Despite a 2 and a half hour rain delay, it was a good game. Good pitching and all that business. Good day for sure.

3) Anticipation
Today I see those wonderful San Francisco baseball Giants (hopefully) smack around the St. Louis Cardinals. I'm already looking forward to it. And it will be a new baseball stadium for me to add to my list. This will be pro baseball stadium #24. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.


BONUS ROUND!!!
A) Kearney
The reason I took forever to post a blog is because I was busy during the week and then last weekend I went out to Kearney with Katie to visit Quinn and Spencer, who were doing their small town student doctorin' out that way. Bouncing around to bars I had no place being in, such as Shooters, where I felt about as out of place as the Blues Brothers when they go to that bar that has both types of music. Country and western. The other bar was super brotastic but I had a super fun time on the whole trip. Good stuff to add to the sweet things done this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment