Friday, June 3, 2011

Live from Chicago

Sweet soulful sounds of the day: Seven Swans by Sufjan Stevens
Listening to Sister and In The Devil's Territory whilst romping around the Field Museum in Chicago makes for a wonderful afternoon.

1) 100% baseball 75% of the time
I made it to 3 baseball games in 4 days recently. Game at Wrigley, game at Busch, back to Wrigley. The best part, of course, was Andres Torres hitting a grand slam en route to a Giants domination session at Busch on Memorial Day. Had the Giants shirt on and everything. Great day.

2) Trivial Domination
The team of Shannon, Mark, Beth, Pat, Laura, and me totally dominated the Trivia Night at some place I totally can't remember the name of. And then John Michael and Connie showed up and more awesome happened. Caught up with friends I hadn't seen in awhile and that's always awesome.

3) Day o' Chicago
Threadless has a retail store in Chicago. Prize #1. Which is why I now have this shirt. I mean, a platypus is awesome, no matter what. This shirt just speaks to me. The Field Museum was truly spectacular. The "Evolving Planet" exhibition was amazing, as was the one of "Whales: Giants of the Deep." And then walking all up through Grant Park and Millennium Park towards downtown Chicago on my way to the taping of 

Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Highlight of my summer so far, by far. If you're not familiar with the NPR news quiz show featuring the dulcet sounds of Carl Kasell, the wit of Peter Sagal, and the hilarity of a celebrity panel (Paula Poundstone, Alonzo Bodden, and Amy Dickinson), you should be. Kevin Bacon was the guest for Not My Job. Apparently the show ran longer than it ever really has before and they just let it go. It took over 2 hours to tape the 45 minutes show but it was all amazing in every way. And afterwards, I got their signatures pictures with all of them. So you could say that my Thursday evening rocked the socks off yours. Not to gloat, but yeah. It was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment