Sunday, May 8, 2011

Piles of procrastination

I've spent a few days with not much going on except hanging out with friends and always seemed to just head straight to bed when I finally got home.  So an early afternoon post is in order.  While I delay studying for the inevitable comprehensive final arriving in less than 20 hours.

Today's post is gracefully soundtracked by the soulful sounds of:
Not to mention sweet videos for Tighten Up and Howlin' for You

1) "Grades are up"
When this happens, the news spreads like wildfire.  Texts come from all over.  Facebook statuses rejoice in passing grades.  Long story short, earlier this week I found out that I officially passed all my classes from the first year of med school.  Which is sweet.  Good to hear that news even if you weren't worried about passing (and after that last test there was call for concern).  That makes me 25% of a doctor.  I think that's how this works.

2) California Street Reading Brigade
Andrew and I climbed onto his garage roof yesterday for the inaugural meeting of people who want to hang out on a garage roof and read.  Needless to say, it was pretty sweet.  That will fill some time this summer for sure.  I haven't decided if I want to make a pile of the books I want to read this summer or if that project might be too intimidating.  To be determined.  And posted if fulfilled.

3) Mother's Day
I would be remiss to not mention the best mother I've ever had, Terri Park.  She's wonderful and deserves more than just a little mention here.  So I'll probably tell her in person as well.  Here's to my materfamilias (which is my new favorite word for matriarch).

1 comment:

  1. I will read this. There will be some sort of enjoyment or other.

    Holla.






    Hope you're well man. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete