Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's up to me now. Turn on the bright lights.

Soundtrack to my life (today at least):
Particularly listening to NYC on repeat.  Which doesn't mean 
great songs such as Obstacle 1 should go unnoticed.

Also, I'm getting better at this whole "formatting of the blog" business, even though I have some way to go.  Avoiding those unsightly YouTube boxes and electing for the links.  Seems considerably more aesthetically pleasing.

1) 25%
As of this afternoon, grades were released for the comprehensive final.  Passed all 5 sections.  Which means on to the next level.  I am one-fourth of the way through med school.  25% of a doctor.  Which doesn't mean that I actually know much of anything so let's table the questions for medical advice for another year or so.  It's a weird/great/relieving feeling.  The year went fast.  I enjoyed a lot of it despite the difficulties, not to mention some of the truly great friends I've made in the past 9 months of classes.  Looking forward to a fun summer with these people.

2) Piling on the reading material
This is what I want to accomplish this summer, reading-wise.  Aaaaand away we go...

3) Park Pilot
My friend Andrew tossed me into a band of his on the keys.  It was already named Park Pilot before I got thrown into the mix.  No self-indulgence here.  The line-up is two drummers, two vocalists, baritone guitar, and keyboards.  We figure that we're the best band with that particular arrangement that you've ever heard.  But there was some practicing today and that is supreme fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment