Monday, May 16, 2011

Knowledge secondary to pulmonary hypertension

Sometimes I can't get enough of them:
This entire album is great. But particularly Carry The Zero and Else are amazing.

1) Small town Student Doctorin'
So I get to spend the next couple weeks on PCB.  If I remembered what that stood for, you'd be the first to know.  I spend three weeks with a family practice doc in small-town Nebraska.  Today was day one.  And if today's patients were any indication of what it's like to be from Nemaha County, you have about a 97% chance of developing type 2 diabetes. Just by being from there.
We saw about 30 patients today and by my count, four of them were under 65.  It was good.  Interesting, for sure.  I didn't get asked too many questions, but I totally nailed the one about cor pulmonale (thanks, comprehensive exam study guide!!!).

2) Bonnaroo Schedule (if you say it weird, it kinda rhymes)
The schedule was released last Friday.  And the schedule is awesome.  
Conundrum: I do have to decide between Robert Plant and Beirut.  Of all the conflicts to be presented with...

This showdown is ultimate.  Here's the deal though.  There will probably be more opportunities to see Beirut than to see Robert Plant.  And I'm holding out against all hope that Jimmy Page joins Robert Plant on stage.  In fact, I choose to believe that Mr. Page will be joining Mr. Plant, at least until it doesn't happen.  And even then I still might choose to believe it will happen yet.
I guess in the long run there are worse problems to have.

3) Ethnic Food Friday
I do loves me some food.  And the dining has been particularly exquisite lately.  Exquisite enough to make the headlines when things are slow...
Sushi and Indian on Friday (hence "Ethnic Food Friday") and then Sunday was Amato's for brunch (gutbuster omelet and ricotta pancakes) and grilled salmon for dinner.  So great was the eatin' that Saturday seems like a blur.  In terms of life.  Not just the food I ate that day.  I just plain don't remember Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment