Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blogging in 3/4 time

So the general concept has been laid out.  Here's the twist.  Three things per day that are worth blogging about.  This isn't intended to be a rambling "here's what I did with my day" sorta blog.  With that in mind, take it to the waltz...


1) Reading in bed until 3 pm

This was the start of my life today.  Five hours of reading in bed.  Minus the hour or so that I fell back asleep in the early afternoon.  Pure money.  Perfect way to start the summer.

2) Music: I am a big fan of music in general.  Three subsets to this category:
           a) Song discovered whilst working out: "DNA" by The Kills (blues-y with a hint of Black Keys with a throaty feminine touch. Can't go wrong.  Grooveshark it.  Well worth it) 
(I know this video isn't the best but it's the best I could find. That blues-y-ness is full on display at least)

           b) Song guffawed to whilst shopping for BBQ soda: "Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car" by Billy Ocean


           c) Song swooned to whilst blogging: "You and Whose Army?" by Radiohead
(Say what you will about them [and I'll probably fight you if it's negative because Radiohead is amazing] but they get some really interesting/good fan videos out there when they don't actually have a good self-produced video)

Also, not sure which constitutes the best musical moment, but I will probably again listen to the Radiohead tonight.  And by "will probably again listen to", I mean that I've already hit repeat.

3) BBQ at Andrew's house.
Andrew hosted a little shindig tonight.  He had about 8 people over.  It was a good time.  Andrew will show up many times in this blog, I imagine.  I spend a lot of time with him.  Funny, caring, smart, and interesting.  He's solid.  He's the kind of character you would incorporate into the screenplay before pitching to the Coen Brothers.  He really ties the room together.

If this is summer, I can get used to it.

P.S. Netflix brought me Treme today.  Which means tomorrow can possibly get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment